February 17, 2010
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Access to and use of this website are subject to the following conditions. Please do not use this website unless you agree with these conditions. This website is a personal blog and website has been developed by Austin Whittall. (hereinafter to be referred to as AW) and is administrated by the same.
AW reserves the right to discontinue or to make partial or complete modifications to this website or to the General Terms and Conditions of Use, to my General Terms and Conditions. Please note that AW may make such changes at my own discretion and without prior announcement. AW must therefore ask you, next time you visit this website, to view the conditions again and to note any changes or amendments that may have been made.
Unless otherwise specified, the website is intended for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use the Website, and you are responsible for all use of the Website by you and by those you allow to use, or provide access to, the Website.
If you don't agree to the terms contained in this Agreement, please exit the website by clicking the Back button on your browser to return to the previous page.
1. The Site is operated by Austin Whittall (AW) and all rights thereto are owned and reserved by Austin Whittall.
This is my personal blog. One should not assume that the information available here is exhaustive, balanced, or worthy of your unquestioning trust. Readers and viewers of this blog agree they will not hold me libel for what I say, write or display.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
2. The Site (http://TravelRoute40.blogspot.com/) made available and the software made available on this Site are provided to the User "as is" and without guarantees or representations of any kind (express or implied) or any liability to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. AW shall not be liable for any damages that have been caused by or in connection with the use of the Site. In any case AW shall not be responsible for and disclaims any liability for any indirect, incidental, consequential and special damages, that have been caused by or in connection with the use of this Site.
3. Any information published via the Site is given to the best of AW's knowledge. All this information shall not, however, as far as legally permissible, create any guarantee or representation of any kind or any liability of AW and shall not relieve the User from undertaking its own investigations and tests.
We also inform that Argentine Law No. 26.032 clearly defines in its Art. 1 that "the search, reception and distribution of information and ideas of all kinds, through Internet service is considered covered by the constitutional guarantee that protects the freedom of speech".
4. Limit of liability / Disclaimer of warranty. The information contained in this website is provided in good faith. Such information is provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind. This web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. I have done our greatest efforts to verify its accuracy and validity, the web site may also include data from different sources (credits are mentioned), however, it (the information, data, contents) shall in no event be held to constitute or imply any warranty, undertaking, express or implied commitment from our part. AW makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this website and specifically disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are no warranties which may extend beyond the descriptions contained in this paragraph. Besides, no liability whatsoever can be accepted by AW with regard to information provided by third parties such as, but not limited to: links to pages that are beyond my control, advertisers in those pages, advertisers in our pages, search machines, sellers, purveyours of service, etc. who may be linked to http://TravelRoute40.blogspot.com, or form part of, or advertise on other third party websites.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall AW be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, AW’s information. You specifically acknowledge and agree that AW is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any AW information provided at this site, or with any of AW terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using http://TravelRoute40.blogspot.com.
5. Without liability whatsoever AW may without notice modify and/or discontinue operation of all or portions of this Site at any time in its sole discretion, and assumes no responsibility to update the Site.
6. Links to third-party sites ("Hyperlinks") do not constitute an endorsement of such third-party sites by AW and AW is not responsible for the availability of these sites or their contents. The hyper linking to these sites is at the User's own risk.
7. Advertising and Endorsement.
7.a. Endorsement. Reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by AW. Nor is an endorsement of us or our blog implied by such links (this means that our own products, services and/or information, are not necessarily endorsed, recommended or sponsored by any of the sites that I have linked to) in general there is no association between those sites, and their products and our site or products. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only.
7.2. Advertising. Having said the above, please take note that this blog is a sponsored blog supported by companies or organizations, as such, we accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Though I will endeavor to do so. Even though the owner of this blog (AW) receives compensation for his posts or advertisements, he always gives his honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
8. Any claims or suits associated with the Site or its use shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Argentine Republic.
10. Brand Names and trademarks. The contents of this website are for personal use. It is possible that beyond the copyrighted photographs, texts, logos and brand names or trademarks belonging to AW there may be other photos, texts and certain artwork, product names, brand names, studio logos and any other trademarks used herein that are copyright protected or trademarks; these are the property of their respective owners; these trademarks are displayed on this personal page, for personal use only, without permission nor authorization by the trademark owners. This website is not in any way associated with or sponsored by the trademark owners. It is therefore clear to the visitors of this website, and to the readers of this document, that the use herein of any trademarks does not suggest nor imply any sponsorship or association between any of the trademark owner's products, nor endorsement of any such products by the trademark owners. The display of trade marks or trade names on this web site does not convey or create any license or other rights in these marks or names. Any unauthorized use of them is strictly prohibited.
11. Other products and vendors. AW is not associated with any product or vendor mentioned in this web site (other than AW's own products and services promoted and or advertised in this website). Therefore, any brand name, or trademark, logo, etc. either of products or services, that appears in our pages, or pages linked to them, are property of their respective owners.
The visitor shall not use these brands without the previous consent of the corresponding owners of these brands.
Written authorization by AW is required for the use of our brand name.
12. Linking to AW website. You can link freely to this site from other websites provided that the content of such websites is not discriminatory or derogatory to anyone (on base of gender, sexual preferences, nationality, race, etc.).
The content of these websites shall not be defamatory, or promote violence, war nor abuse in any form, shall not promote the use, sale of weapons, war, drugs, child pornography, gambling, or schemes of dubious reliability regarding making money; or any other illegal activity.
Links are welcome from sites which promote toleration, freedom, fair trade, environmental concern, general information, culture, history, humanitarian or welfare causes that seek to promote equality, justice, peace, ethics, etc.
13. Use of AW website content. Copyright notice. The content of my website, its design, layout, HTML script, my own products and services (but not those of third parties that I are linked to, or their websites, or of advertisements that may appear in our website, or of the images that they may provide for hiperlinking purposes), my own information and intellectual property, are © copyright 2009 by Austin Whittall, all rights reserved.
No part of this website, including its texts, illustrations, interior design, HTML, our icons, and our logos, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of Austin Whittall.
13.a. Fair Use Notice. This post may contain some copyrighted material the use of which has been not specifically authorized by the copyright owners. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, turistical, historical, geographical, cultural, scientific, and social issues, etc., pertaining to Argentina and its National Highway Route No. 40.
We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed only via the web, without profit, to those who access this site. We have included the information for research and educational purposes only. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Furthermore, since AW is an Argentine citizen and resides in Argentina, Argentine Law No. 11.723 Art. 10, allows quoting up to one thousand words of a copyrighted work, for scientific and educational reviews, notes or comments. Please see the following Online source on Fair use.
13.b. Notice of Copyright Infringement. excluding what is mentioned above in 13.a and although I have in good faith checked that I have not infringed any copyrighted work, and duly given credit to any and all authors and/or editors in the publications cited in my written articles, should you consider that I have done so, please notify me of an alleged copyright infringement found on this Site by sending an e-mail to me (use the "Contact me" e-mail on the left-hand sidebar) letting us have the following information: identification of the copyrighted work and the copyright owner; Identification of the material you claim infringes the copyrighted work, including its URL; Your contact information (name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address); a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed; Your signature (physical or electronic).
After receiving notification of an alleged copyright infringement, I will remove or disable access to such material as soon as possible, pending further review.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, Argentine law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Argentina shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms or the legal relationship established by them, and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the Argentine courts.
For the exclusive benefit of AW, AW shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of the visitor's residence or, where these Terms are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
a) Improper links. I have done our utmost efforts in order to verify the links that our pages may lead to, their contents may change without us knowing. Therefore please inform us of any links which may contradict our linking policy as. so that I can eliminate any such links.
b) Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
16. On libel and defamation.
Readers and viewers of this blog agree they will not hold me libel for what I say, write or display.
The opinions expressed here are my own personal views and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly. I am not responsible for any action, content, products or services or for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on information posted here.
The content on the blog is the opinion of the blogger (AW). The intent is this blog is for educational and entertainment purposes. It is not intended to “malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual, group of people, country, etc.” or anyone or anything.
I am not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything anyone says on my blog in the blog comments, nor the laws which they may break in my country (Argentina) or the country of the person posting the comments.
it is not my “intention” is to do harm, I do not intend to injure others, defame, or libel. My posts are my opinion and advice, not counsel. What I write on my blog is not to be taken as fact nor absolute.
If you live or reside in England, do not read this blog, as I will not accept any libel suits arising from English readers because I expressly prohibit you to read, download or otherwise access this blog.
I hold myself and my blog harmless from prosecution for bad grammar, punctuation and/or translation and interpretation.
17. Contact Me. To get in touch with me for any reason whatsoever (questions, queries, complaints, suggestions, comments) you can either send me an e-mail by using the "Contact Me" e-mail on the left-hand sidebar or use the following e-mail address:
Copyright © 2010 by Austin Victor Whittall - TravelRoute40
These Terms and conditions apply to both our English:
and our Spanish versions of this blog:
I understand that your privacy is very important to you. That's why I've developed this policy to ensure that your privacy is protected while using our services or visiting my website. I also request that you read the site’s Terms and Conditions (Legal Note and Disclaimer). I take the protection of your personal data very seriously.
You can use my site without disclosing any personal data. You are not required to provide personal information as a condition of using my site, except as may be necessary to provide you a product or service at your request. When you use my site, I store data on our servers for various security purposes. This data may include the name of your internet service provider, the web site that you used to link to our site, the web sites that you visit from our site and your IP-Address. This data could possibly lead to your identification, but I do not use it to do so. I may use the data from time to time for statistical purposes, and if so, maintain the anonymity of each individual user so that the person cannot be identified.
Collection and processing of personal data
I collect personal data only when you provide it to me, through registration, completion of forms or e-mails, inquiries, suggestions and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to me. This information is saved in my personal address book and can not be considered a database as per Argentine law (Act of Congress (Ley 25.326) which regulates personal data collection). Your personal data will not be passed on by me for use by third parties in any form whatsoever, unless I have obtained your consent or are legally required to do so. I will retain control of and responsibility for the use of any personal data you disclose to me.
Purposes of Use
The data I collect will only be used for the purpose of supplying you with requested information or data or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law.
Right of Access and Correction
You have the right to review and amend any personal data stored in our system if you believe it may be out of date or incorrect. Just send an e-mail or contact Us (use the "Contact Us" e-mail on the left-hand sidebar).
Right of Cancellation
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data in the future. Again, just send an e-mail or contact Us (use the "Contact Us" e-mail on the left-hand sidebar).
In some web sites, so-called Cookies are used in order for us to improve the efficiency of your individual use of the web site. Cookies are identifiers that our web-server could send to your computer in order to identify the computer being used for the duration of the session. Most browsers are set-up to accept these Cookies automatically. In addition, you can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the Cookie is stored on your computer. If cookies are going to be saved to your computer not only for the duration of a session, with automatic subsequent deletion, but for the long term, I will provide you notice of this fact when the relevant cookies are set.
In light of the importance of protecting children's privacy, I do not collect, process or use on my website any information relating to an individual whom I know to be under 18 years old without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
Please contact me should you have any problems, questions or suggestions. The constant development of the internet requires occasional adjustments to my privacy statement. I retain the right to make changes when necessary.
Use the "Contact Us" e-mail on the left-hand sidebar) or this e-mail address: